Monday, May 4, 2009

Richmond Cup Race: One Too Many Mint Juleps

No, I wasn’t watching the Kentucky Derby before the race. Anticipating a caution/commercial filled race, I attempted to make the event more interesting with some liquid enhancement. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize the race would be delayed. First up was the best pre-race show of the season where we watched the Mets walk in the winning run against the Phillies in the bottom of the 10th. Ah, that was just too bad for Mets. Then there was the caution/start, which made me wish that the baseball game had gone another inning. Well by this time, the mint juleps had overcome me. I could no longer pay attention or blog responsibly.

What I vaguely remember through the alcohol-induced haze and subsequent coma was a decent race. But let’s face it, last week was a tough act to follow, so I don’t really feel like missed anything. We’ll try this again next week.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment