Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Sketch Dump: The Random Pad 1

I guess I threatened to do this.  I finally finished my previous sketchpad earlier this month . . . with great reluctance.  When I bought that Ilya Kuvshinov artbook in 2020, I started drawing again and was sketching every day for a couple of years.  Near the end of this sketchbook, I finally stopped because I got frustrated with drawing and had other things to do.  


Unlike other sketchbooks, I didn't take a picture of every page.  Some of those rejects were bad enough that they weren't even funny enough to mock.  This isn't to say that the "winners" are all that great.  I don't think I'll be be getting overly verbose in describing most of these sketches.

      

I was still drawing out of the Jim Lee artbook to start.  At the top left is Bliss (a character I don't know) and Phantom Girl from the Legion of Superheroes on the right.  (Ignore the rest.) 



Dream Girl in the top center and Saturn Girl in the bottom left from the Legion.  Miss Misely (again, I don't know her) on the right.


Saturn Girl on the top left.  Political commentator Lauren Chen on the top right and streamer, Alyssa Zhu on the bottom right.  Both of these girls are Asian and I can't draw Asians to save my life.



Christy Blaze (a Jim Lee character) on the left and Black Canary on the right.



On the left is Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark and on the right is Wonder Girl Yara Flor (this sketch I like).  These are based on Joelle Jones' art.  

No comments:

Post a Comment