Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Diecast Car Show: The Birthday Show

A Ferrari for my birthday!  Heck, yeah!  This was a surprise gift from my dad.  I have to be honest, this diecast model is probably a lot more practical than the real thing.  Sort of.  It's beautiful, but I have nowhere to put it and it certainly should be prominently on display.    















This was an actual model.  It took me a somewhat embarrassing length of time to put this together given how simple it was.  I should have put something next to it for size.  It's 1:24 scale.  


As compared to these two 1:64 scale NASCAR's.  My Aunt Judy sent me a Wal-Mart gift card with the instructions to "buy something fun."  I picked up a spooky magazine, which I'll review sometime later, and these two diecasts.  I've run out of space for these kind of cars as well, so I've stopped buying them.  Also, the paint schemes haven't been much lately and the current car model is, frankly, ugly.  

However, these two diecasts did jump out at me.  What shocked me was that they were $4.95 each.  Why is that shocking?  I'm pretty sure the last car I bought (it might have been a Jeff Gordon Car of Tomorrow) was $6, which is another reason I stopped buying them.  $5 is what I was spending over 10 years ago when I first started buying NASCAR diecasts.  I'll let you decide what this means.        


 


Very fun, Alex Bowman Koker's Garage Miami car.


A patriotic AJ Allmendinger car.  (I've always wanted a Dinger car.)


 And as per tradition, here's a couple more birthday cards (to go with Aunt Judy's) I got, one from work and one from my dad.  (He also gave me a gift card, so there will probably be some more comics and books to review someday.)










No comments:

Post a Comment