Friday, April 28, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Jeff Gordon Fanboy

I remember seeing Jeff Gordon for the first time in a commercial with some other sports stars.  I can't find it online.  (I'm sure it's there somewhere.)  He says, "I'll drive," at the end of it.  I had no idea who he was.  He was the most popular/recognizable driver when I started watching NASCAR.  (Perhaps inheriting the mantle because Dale Earnhardt died in the first race I watched.)  In any case, I bandwagon-ed on, but I do still like him.

       


Here's everything.  I've got more of Jeff than anyone.


Here's the 1:24 scale Flames car again.


On the left is his Car of Tomorrow Flames.  That is the only COT I bought and the only one that looks good.  On the right is the older Flames car.  I do have two of these.  The other is from the Hendrick set.  They have different stickers on them.  The decal is probably from a cereal box. 


Here's the display.  I'll talk about where that came from in another post.  Some of the cars came with miniature hoods or stickers, which are displayed with them.


There's the cars outside the display.


This is a Pepsi 400 paint scheme called Fireworks.


Here's his retro Rainbow Warrior scheme.

Here's my favorite of the Jeff Gordon cars.  It's another Pepsi 400 design called Shards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment