Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Real Downton Abbey


No, this isn't an expose.  These are images from last year's Highclere Castle calendar.  A co-worker brought this back for me after her trip there.  Her and her husband did have tea and crumpets in the library (but it was a rather rushed affair).  I inserted some of these pictures into my Endless Night Fantasy Core adventure. Azimuth House was based on Highclere up to a point.  I never could find a good map of the real layout, so I made up a bunch of stuff and downsized it.  That's probably a good thing.  I would have never finished the adventure if I'd had to fill up all those rooms in the real castle.      






The Music Room laid out for a formal dinner

Entrance Hall

The Double Library

The Saloon with Christmas Decorations

Valentine's Day Decorations on Main Staircase

No comments:

Post a Comment