Friday, October 9, 2020

Sketch Dump: Comics

I called this "comics," but it's only mostly comics.  This first drawing was from the art of The Legend of the Five Rings.  Never played it.  Have no idea what it's about.  Just liked the art.  



Here's another sketch of Cassidy from Sojourn.  I wonder if I've finally found all of my sketches from that comic.  

This was from a fan painting of Jasmine from Aladdin.  


The top left sketch is Night Girl from the Legion of Superheroes (technically, the Legion of Substitute Heroes).  She's gotten some good attention from time to time for such a minor character.  She's always been drawn hot.  Obviously that's Supergirl below her.  It took me a while to identify the other sketch.  It's a bad drawing of actress Lexa Doig.
    

I don't know about the girl in the hat, but the other drawings are a girl from Nonplayer.  Ah, Nonplayer.  It has one of the most tortured publishing histories in comics.  Everyone saw the sample art and very intriguing premise and got excited.  It got me to go to Hastings (R.I.P.) to look for the first issue when it came out.  (That was unsuccessful.)  The artist got injured in an accident and didn't produce issue #2 until four years later.  That's it to this point.  Maybe the movie deal for the story will produce something someday.  It'll come out in a double bill with the live action Robotech movie.     
   

Well, now this wasn't even inspired by somebody else's art.  This is from a photo of an artist, Renae de Liz.  I don't actually have any of her art.  She was a talented artist on Archie's Sonic series, but I never bought it.  I always puzzled that the typical artwork in Sonic was usually better than any contemporary Archie artwork.  I think she was mentioned on an Archie fan forum and that's how I ran into her picture.  She's done some great work on a Peter Pan comic adaption, along with Wonder Woman and Amethyst comics.  Unfortunately, I've never seen any of her books in a store to buy them.  I don't know who the other sketch is of.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment