Friday, October 2, 2020

Sketch Dump: Superheroes

I got a dry erase board to track my comic book buying on back in high school.  At some point, I gave up on collecting and turned the board over to art.  I drew this cityscape for my Spider-Man figure.  He's in his black and white suit.  (It's not Venom.)  Down in the right corner, I still left the memorial of my greatest Nerf ball accomplishment: I hit 30 shots in a row one Thanksgiving on my home court (bedroom).    




Death looking very Gothy.



Elektra: Assassin is a truly impressive work of comic book art.  Frank Miller and Bill Sienkiewicz created a masterpiece.  Admittedly, the first couple of chapters are a bit hard to follow, but the rest of it is crystal clear in story.


Gwen Stacy in a rather salacious-looking pose. 


Top left is Jean Grey.  Bottom left, not sure.  Top right is a bad drawing of Death.  Bottom right is Laurel Gand, Andromeda, from the Legion of Superheroes.


That's Roxy, Freefall from Gen 13, in the center.  The rest I don't know.  Cute little manga girl in the bottom right.


Here's Shi without the facepaint.  I remember liking this comic, but I no longer have any issues of it and don't remember anything about it.


Here's a charcoal of Spider-Gwen . . . Ghost-Spider?  Never actually read any of her comics, but I like the look.  Why did Marvel destroy one of their best characters, Spider-Man, by distributing his suit and powers to a dozen other heroes?


Voodoo from WildCATS.    

That's Zatanna, sans top hat, on the left.  The other woman is French news broadcaster, Melissa Theuriau.  I should draw her some more.  I have yet to see a bad picture of her online.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment