Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Sketch Dump: Different Style 1

It was probably after getting an artbook by Steve Hanks that I started drawing differently.  However, he does photo-realistic paintings.  I just do sketches in pencil with occasional ink and color.  (He also does pencil sketches.  They're photo-realistic, too.)  My artwork doesn't really look anything like his, but he did inspire me to try something different.  These sketches mostly took up the entire page and were just close-ups.  I tried to make the the drawings look very clean.  


I don't know why I stopped drawing like this.  It's not very realistic, but not very comic book-ish either.  Perhaps it was too in-between to carry on with and be satisfied with.  I might consider going to back to something like this someday.    


The first one here is a black ink drawing on copy paper.  Out of all of the sketch books I've had, I don't know why I kept falling back on using copy paper on occasion.

  






This was a Patrick Nagel painting.  Talk about a contrast in styles.  Nagel did his great figure work using a very stylized abstract technique.      


This is a detail from a Steve Hanks painting.    


No comments:

Post a Comment