Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Artifacts: Disney Magazine October 1976

[Happy New Year!  I'll be back Thursday with more Cyber-Pulp.]

Here's another issue.




This is a fairly cool article about the behind the scenes at Disneyland.




The main feature.












Spot and name the Disney characters.



Nothing like a few old-time baseball stories.





Regrettably, my mom wasn't a Downey user, so I never got the next issue.  I'm surprised I talked her into these two.  I don't even remember an issue after this one.  It's hard enough to believe these were giveaways to begin with.  In spite of their huge bank of Intellectual Property, Disney has been pretty hit and miss in their own publishing, generally doing much better through licensing it out to other companies, like Dell and Gladstone.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog when searching for artifacts about an old Dennis the Menace giant size special issue about Dennis flying to the North Pole. I sure miss my old comics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I also got the Disney kids magazine, watched Annette and Moochie. Yeah, I'm old, LOL.

    ReplyDelete