Monday, May 25, 2020

Artifacts: Mrs. Duck's Lovely Day

I got this big box of stuff after my mom's death labelled, "Jerry's Things."  It was a mix of actually important papers from school, a few artifacts like booties and old cups, my stuffed elephant (I've put him with my other stuffed animals), a bunch of scrapbooks with greeting cards (some of which I'll be sharing in the near future if possible), and this little book.  

I remember some of the books I had as a kid that I liked, but somehow, this was the only one that got saved.  I'm not sure why this one.  There were other ones I liked better.  At this point, I question why I scanned it.  Well, it's nicely illustrated.  I'm not sure I understand the theme of this mighty work, but it's a pleasant little story.  Enjoy.  


















Bonus: I also found a couple of these little books.  These came with something I used to get every Christmas, a Life Savers book of candy.  The "books" contain several rolls of Life Savers and usually an ornament, in this case, little books you could hang on your tree.  The actual books aren't much bigger than the thumbnail pictures here and proved basically impossible to scan.  I found that out after scanning the covers, so I decided to post what I could get anyway.  Surprisingly, the text inside is readable.      

No comments:

Post a Comment