Friday, May 1, 2020

Mike's Southwest Travels: Leasburg Park

Main Index

Leasburg State Park

August 1, 2005

Location:  Just outside of Las Cruces, New Mexico

This was just a little day-trip, mostly just to have fun in my new truck.  The county back roads can be treacherous, however, especially if you're driving on them at 90mph.  I didn't mean to!  Like I said, I was enjoying my new truck and there aren't a lot of speed limit signs out there.   A more complete description of the area than my own can be found here.   


So, the place is a recreation area by a small dam.


 

Here's a dangerous-looking channel that simply begs to be drown in.


Here's a dangerous-looking bridge over one of the channels.


And here's the dam at sunset.  (Not very dangerous, though.)



If you want a really good view of the dam, you'll need to bypass the dangerous-looking security fence.  Yes sir, all in all, a very dangerous adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment