Friday, August 21, 2020

Artifacts: Mike's Classic Computer Museum

So here at work three of my co-workers alternate on being here from week to week.  (I'm here everyday, because I'm more essential.  Or, all of my work has to be done in person.  What's my job here in Data Processing?  I handle paper.)  Anyway, Mike taken his time at home to build some models and restore some classic computers. 

First up is a Mac SE.


Next to the Mac is a TRS-80 Model 4.  Mike found this one in a dumpster.



The juggler animation is displayed on an Amiga 500.  The Amiga was the computer of choice of our favorite anthropomorphic skunk, Sabrina.  The large keyboard is an Apple II+.  I learned BASIC on an Apple II in high school.  The keyboard on top of the Apple is an Atari 800 XL.



Also in this picture is a Mac Mini.  (I can't see it either, but I'll take Mike's word on it.)  He got it from his brother, who in turn got it from a teacher. 



And, there's a dog.


Mike also said that he has a working Pong game, unfortunately he didn't have a picture.  My friend, Ron, has a working Intellivision.  We got it to work for a bit, but then it may have overheated.  We haven't plugged it in since.   

Well I'm impressed.  Mike also has an impressive computer lab in a galley-like room in his home.  He also has a chemical lab.  Really.  I'd love to post some pictures and videos he's shown me from his experiments, but fear an FBI interview afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment