Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Sketches: Colored Ilya Kusvshinov

I feel like I'm cheating, since I'm essentially re-posting my drawings, but this time they're in color.  Unfortunately, the colored pencils I'm using were kind of light.  (I guess that's my fault for not pressing hard enough.)  At least, I adjusted the contrast on the pencil scans to make them darker.  (Also, my inking skills are as questionable as the pens I've been using to ink.)

Once again, I'm trying to get the most out of my investment an Ilya Kuvshinov art book.  When I sat down to color, I suddenly realized that he mostly used light pastels and straight black and white coloring.  I mostly went with something close to his choices, but had to diverge in places.  Maybe I should have gone with my own choices.


This one may have turned out the best using Ilya's color scheme.


The original was black and white.  I definitely made some bad choices for mine.  This was the last one I did and I rushed it.


The color choices I made on this one turned out much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment