Monday, December 14, 2020

Sketch Dump: Comic Book Characters

 This one is a short post for a reason.


On the left is a detail from D&D painting of an elvish adventurer.  My sketch doesn't do it any justice.  Don't know about the girl on the right.


This is a sketch of an Adam Hughes' Gwen Stacy painting.  The original is, of course, awesome.  My sketch isn't too bad.  Proper inspiration makes all the difference.


This is a very old page from my original sketchbook.  This is from Mai the Psychic Girl.  I had to redraw over this for scanning, since it had worn out and was so light.  These are images from the last issue, I think.  Mai was easy to fall in love with.    
  

Finally, I think these are two sketches of Katchoo from Strangers in Paradise.  They look okay.


Is that it?  Is it over?  Is it?  Yes, I'm out of scanned sketch material right now.  Yay!  But, the bad news is that there will more.  Today, I just finished the last page of a 100-page sketchbook.  However, I'm going to post some photos next.  

I apologize for the frankly subpar sketches I've mostly been posting.  There were some good ones.  I should have limited my posting to just those.  Some of the marginal ones had sentimental value.  Now that they're scanned, I may toss them.  I also have to apologize for not identifying so many drawings.  Some of them I really didn't know, but it's harder to excuse that I made no effort to look them up.  This is mostly because I'm not doing this posting at home, where the original pictures would be.  

I got a bit depressed looking through my new finished sketchbook.  I was trying hard to do good sketches every time, but there's still a bunch of crap.  I did a lot of inked and colored sketches this time, but I'm still learning with those tools.  I did at least identify most of the sketches I was drawing, so I'll hopefully be able to identify everything next time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment