Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Sketch Dump: The Pony Book 1

I didn't quite mean to start posting these right now, but I have not been able to scan more postcards.  I'd photographed these a couple of weeks ago and trimmed and named 103 pics since then.  After all of that, I came to the conclusion these all sucked and I hated.  I named this the Pony Book after what is probably the best series of drawings.


There's Addie from Halocene on the left.  This is the reason I don't usually draw in teeth.  On the right is a red-headed model.  The hand is trash.  


I posted these two sketches of Alan Embry from the NM State Volleyball team before, but I'm doing this alphabetically and scanned the whole sketchbook in the rush.  


On the right top is a terrible sketch of chess streamer, Julie the Apprentice.  This is unfortunately one of many "low effort" sketch days, where I didn't have the time or energy to do my daily sketch.  I held off on photographing this sketchbook for a couple of weeks after finishing it, because I wanted to fix some of the sketches and color some pencil sketches.  This one, I couldn't fix.  Below that is Arwyn from Crossgen's Meridian.    


I thought about inking and coloring some of these sketches, but ultimately I was afraid of ruining them.  That's supposed to be Alex Morgan on the left.  It doesn't look anything like her.  I saw the Stallone Judge Dredd movie recently.  I loved it, but also love the Urban Dredd, which is a completely different take on the character and setting.  Anyway, Joan Chen was in the movie.  I remembered her from Twin Peaks.  This sketch at least looks like her.       
 

That's another Alex Morgan.  It's almost a good drawing, but the eyes are f-ed.  That's sportscaster, Laura Britt, next to her.  She used to be on the Stadium Network.  I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment