Thursday, January 27, 2022

Sketch Dump: The Pony Book 12

This is mostly drawings of Yara, Wonder Girl/Woman.  I just found out yesterday that the comic that I'd liked much has been cancelled.  Apparently, it was only a thing because they were planning on doing a CW show based on her.  With the network being sold, the show was cancelled, and then the comic.  


That's a poor sketch of Yara on the left.  That's Sephie from Crossgen's Meridan on the right.  

 


There's a much better sketch of Yara on the left.  On the right is K-Pop star, IU.  I saw her on a Mexican music video show.  How's that for international?



That's a decent (for me) figure drawing of Yara on the left.  The one on the right isn't so good, but I was shocked how well that horse head turned out.  I hadn't drawn one before.



There's a couple more of Yara and one of her friend, Portia, on the bottom right.  I think I drew the one on the left at my dad's apartment watching a game.  The one of Portia I definitely drew there.  I forgot to bring my ink pen.  I decided to just color it anyway.  It's okay, but I should have waited and inked it first.



This action shot of Yara I also did at dad's.  This time I remembered the ink pen and colors, but forgot to bring an eraser.  I couldn't easily find one at his apartment.  Somewhat doubting this one was worth the effort, I left it as is.  (That's what usually happens if I don't ink sketches immediately.  I lose my nerve to do it.)  I showed dad the Wonder Girl comics after I drew my sketches.  I seemed to like them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment