Monday, March 23, 2020

Country Music Magazines: Country America-Country '95 Yearbook Part 1


This magazine tells you how to stalk your favorite Country stars.  Kinda.


I had to thumb past this picture several times, before I suddenly recognized Larry "Bud" Melman from Late Night With David Letterman.  (That was his character's name on the show.  The actor's actual name is in the caption.)
  

Umm . . . Wow.  This was an article on sexy stars in Country music.  I'm admittedly not familiar with their music, but Emmylou Harris and Martina McBride sure looked good in the 90's.  In the corner is the producer who compiled the list.  The editors were correct in flirting with her.


There were also pictures of guys.  Here's one of an oiled and muscled Randy Travis, which is totally at odds with how I remembered him.



Here's a style article on how some Country stars have changed their looks-mostly for the better.  Ricky Skaggs went from a 70's businessman to an 80's one.  Radney Foster went from a hippie to a nerd.  Randy Travis turned into Arnold Schwarzenegger. 


There's a whole section of addresses to contact your favorites with your insane love-turned-to-hate rantings.  I included this page because it has one of my favorite Western groups-Riders in the Sky.  I used to listen to their radio show every weekend.

Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment