Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Postcards from the Edge: Super-Sized 5

I saved these postcards for last.  These were really unexpected finds.  They are from Casablanca, Morocco.  I had an uncle in the Air Force who was stationed in Tripoli, Libya (yes, we used to have a Air Force base there), so I'm guessing he brought them back.


Making a loud noise in Morocco.  Moroccan Saying: God save you from the silent one--should he speak!  (I don't get it.)




Moroccan Taxi.  Moroccan Saying: Seeing food does not fill your stomach.  (This is true.)



Perfect flying in Morocco.  Moroccan Saying: If you desire honey, prepare to bear with the sting of the bees.  (Too true.)



We're here.  This is the last of the postcards.  I had no idea what I was biting off when I started this or if it would ever end.  In any case, it's been a kind of cool trip through the years going through these.  I don't know what me or dad will do with this collection, but it's good that they've at least been documented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment