Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Elvis Collection: 50's Scrapbook 1

My mom was a big Elvis fan.  My aunt mentioned that they'd watched him on his original appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show.  They were one of the few people in their small Arkansas town that had a TV.  Grandma was also a fan.  


Mom also had a big Elvis collection that she started in the 50's.  Dad had put all of it in a Rubbermaid tub after moving it out of her original painted box.  The other day, I finally thought to take a look at what was inside.  I recognized some of the stuff I'd bought for her over the years, but at the bottom were the real treasures of her scrapbooks that she'd started as a teenager.  At last, I'd found something actually historical to post in this blog.  (Actually, I did an Elvis memorabilia post first in 2016.)


Scanning pages from these scrapbooks and loose newspaper articles is difficult for the formatting and the condition of the pages.  I'll do what I can, but there will be a bunch of apologies.

  

Here's a passionate picture to start with.



This is mostly an article about one of Elvis' co-stars, Dolores Hart.  It mentions her being right out of convent school.  She actually eventually quit Hollywood to become a nun.

  

The giant marquee standup from Love Me Tender.  (Sorry, cut off the bottom.  You're not missing anything.)  


An article about Elvis' acting experiences in the movie, which was his first.  (The first page didn't fit in the scanner, so it's in two parts.)



No comments:

Post a Comment