Friday, January 15, 2021

The Elvis Collection: Comic Book

I forgot that I had another Elvis post in November.  This one was review of the Elvis biography comic book trade paperback.  I found the original comic book that I gave mom years ago.  I might have given it a bit of a short shrift, but I was reviewing some other comics in the post.  The original comic was easier to scan than the trade.


This issue mostly featured Elvis in the Army.


This is some commentary on the issue and a reader letter.


Here's how Elvis lived while deployed in Germany.  Any soldier with the means was allowed to live off base by the way.


This is him meeting Priscilla.


Even dating one of the most famous people in the world, dad was a bit concerned with his underaged daughter being with an adult soldier.




Can you believe Rock & Roll was in danger of dying while Elvis was in the Army?  Actually, it was just pausing while the youngsters inspired by the original wave came of age to start their own bands.




No comments:

Post a Comment