Monday, April 5, 2021

The Elvis Collection: 70's Scrapbook 2

This stuff should have gone on the first page, but I discovered I was missing a couple of images while I was posting it.  That was partly my fault for skipping a couple of pages when I was photographing them.  It didn't help that one of these articles was a foldout that I didn't notice.  Mom got real creative in pasting down these articles to the pages.  


Anyway, here are the headlines from a couple of local papers when Elvis died.







Article about Elvis' funeral arrangements and autopsy.  President Carter issued a message.


One of the more "creative" usages of space in this scrapbook is that after mom had filled all the pages.  She added more articles to the opposite side of the pages upside down.  So there's going to be some newer articles mixed in with the oldest ones, because I had to do this whole project quicker than I would have liked.


Bloom County creator Berkeley Breathed was apparently a big Elvis fan.  There's more strips to come.  And there's the creative sideways placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment