Thursday, December 16, 2021

Postcards From the Edge: Dad's Family Cards 1

I'm not going to say this will be the last collection I post here, but I don't think I have any more scannable collectibles.  (I'm still hoping to someday post pictures of my NASCAR diecasts.)  I noticed a tray full of postcards at dad's apartment the other day.  Mom kept a collection of old postcards, really old.  I haven't even really looked at these yet, so we'll be discovering them together.


This batch was labelled "Bob's Family Cards."  To get an idea of the age of these cards, notice the prop planes populating the Detroit City Airport.  Also, note the address.  It's just a name, town, and fully written out state.




Card from Naval Air Technical Training Center, Norman Oklahoma.  At the top it reads, "If they could only cook."  I am outraged.  Why on earth did they put naval training station in Oklahoma?  <jdh417 snickers uncontrollably>  Also, I'll bet most of the ladies in the picture would be outraged.  "I can too cook!"       

  



Squirrel's Camp, Grand Junction, Colorado.





Evangelical Deaconess Home and Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri.


No comments:

Post a Comment