Monday, August 7, 2023

Card Show: Birthday 2023

I considered it a successful birthday this year.  I went a Chihuahuas game (although I did pay for that one.) and got some cards and gifts.

   



Dad took me out for lunch.  I suggested getting trying the sub sandwiches at Dion's Pizza.  I'd been eating leftover pizza from them all week that I'd gotten at work.  Their sandwiches were as good as their excellent pizza.  I'd never had them before and was really impressed and so was dad.  I complimented the kitchen afterward.




Aunt Judy sent me a gift card to 5 Guys, which I live next door to, so that was pretty useful.  I used it next Saturday and got me and dad another lunch.




The Friday before my birthday, nobody said anything at work.  (I wasn't bitter or anything!  Actually, I said I didn't want anything beforehand.)  I came in on Monday and they gave me a sack full of all of my favorites: pistachios, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Skittles, a bag of garlic parmesan chips, and a slice of chocolate cake.  I'm not even sure how they knew what my favorites were.  The card is cute.  The deer in the middle is spring-loaded.
       


Another friend at work gave me a card and a League of Legends Ultimate Coke.  She'd given me a Starlight Coke a couple of years ago, which I liked.  I'll try this Coke the next time I bring a burger home.  I've watched people play League of Legends on Twitch and cannot for the life of me figure out what the game is about.  It doesn't make any obvious sense to me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment