Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Elvis Collection: Second 50's Scrapbook 9

How did I ever miss Elvis being nicknamed, "The Cat."  I've never heard of this before seeing these old articles.  I guess they had to call him something at the time.




Mom liked to type a lot, apparently even when younger, so she typed up some of these articles about Elvis.   


This article seems far too encouraging for teen girls idolizing a celebrity.  From another article I've read, Elvis had a whole lot more theoretical qualities he was looking for in girl.  However, knowing what we know about his love life, he mostly preferred his movie co-stars.  Before Elvis married Priscilla, she was sent to a southern finishing school that gave her those theoretical qualities he was looking for in a wife.  Given how much he cheated on her, I wonder if turning Priscilla into someone else ruined the qualities that he saw in her in the first place.    


Here's the Elvis date winner, June, from the contest mentioned earlier.  Her mom was the chaperone.  I'm not sure how June rated based on the above article.    
 



That's it for this scrapbook.  I've got two more to post and a bunch of loose newspaper clippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment