Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Postcards from the Edge: Blanks 1

This set of postcards (and this is the last of them, but there are still plenty) are (mostly) unused and blank on the back.  


This first one is of my home town of Las Cruces, New Mexico.  The picture is likely from the late 60's, before I got here.  I'm not seeing some current landmarks in the picture.  The bank tower, which has gone through a few names, is in the center.  The Downtown Mall is to the upper right.  I think the vacant lot, where a church used to be, is the future site of  my previous employment.  To the lower right is the Loretto Mall, which is currently office space.  I currently work there. 




This is the 70's version of the Downtown Mall with the metal awnings.  Those have been removed.  A plaza has been built in the middle and the path is now open to traffic.



This is Advance High School in Advance, Missouri where my dad went to school.  It's pronounced Ad-vance with a hard break for the syllable.  My dad's graduating class recently had a reunion.  The building isn't there anymore.  (The card is totally blank on the back.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment