Thursday, July 9, 2020

Artifacts: Cards from Kathy

I did not go out with this girl from high school, but since I happened to have a picture from her along with a couple of cards, I thought I'd put these together.  I'm not sure how I was kind of friends with her.  It was strange that my best friend in high school, Kyle, was also friends with her, but we never knew it until after we were out of school.  (He was convinced she was in love with him.  I would have been more jealous if I'd believed him.)

I know it doesn't look it from the picture, but Kathy was not a "good girl."  She was rather rough and caustic and had some bad habits.  She wasn't anyone you'd be too comfortable orbiting around.  That said, we were both Pink Floyd fans and somehow slightly bonded as we had a couple of classes together.  So, this said, I was surprised by a homemade Christmas card with a verse and a Valentine card and not to mention a school pic.  (She gave one to Kyle the next year after I graduated.  We ended compared pictures after discovering we both had one and were surprised we both knew her.)  She had a sensitive side.  It didn't come out when you talked to her, but it was there.


It's nice knowing another
Pink Floyd fan
Take care and keep in touch
After you graduate
Photo Journ Rules!



It's time again
For love and understanding
To mix with universal peace

May your Christmas
Be blessed
And as happy
As your heart

Merry Christmas
Take care and have
A great holiday
Pink Floyd Rulz!


From all of us in the looney bin (fits)
Happy V. Day!
Take care and
Thanks 4 everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment