Friday, July 24, 2020

Artifacts: Grade School Art 2

I was always a precocious artistic genius.  Finding these old masterpieces in my mom's scrapbooks even shocked me by their stunning brilliance.  It's like finding new Picasso's behind the dresser during spring cleaning.  Seriously though, I'm sure everyone has some impressively creative children's paintings in their past.  I only wish I could be so imaginative now.


Here's an early splotch test.  I passed, of course, and showed significant mental superiority over my classmates.


Here I entered an early abstract stage of my artwork.  It's like Jackson Pollack, but better.


I was not immune to the influence of pop culture.  Likely these next three works were produced after viewing Star Wars.  Notice also my ironically creative spelling.
  


I had a paper model of the good ship Cygnus from the Black Hole.  I assume this technical diagram was influenced by that.


Okay, I got no explanation for this.


Finally, we have this interpretive masterpiece.  I thought it was a mushroom city on an fantasy world.  I showed it to a co-worker, who said it was mushroom cloud from an atomic explosion.  Like all great works of art, the viewer becomes a part of it and sees what they want to see.  I present two images of it.  The first is a scan.  The second is a photo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment