Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Sketch Dump: The Asia Notebook 1: Asia Girls 1

 


I bought three artbooks last year: Ilya and Pernille and this one of Asia Ladowska.  This one was an easy buy at the time.  It's bright and colorful well-done manga-style art.  However, while the style was clean and straightforward, I had a terrible time sketching a lot of these drawings.  After going through the first two artbooks, I thought that I'd do better.    

It started right with the first page of my brand new sketchbook at the time.  It's just a complete goof.  Asia is also really good at 3/4 views on faces.  I'm miserable at them.  


I felt like I redeemed myself a bit on the next drawing on the left.  I did a decent 3/4 view on the one on the right.


She's a bit thin, but I like this one.  She's way more punk in the original.


This is nice.  Interesting hair coloring.  


Then the wheels came off a bit.  The figure is okay, but I muffed the face.  It might have happened in the inking.

No comments:

Post a Comment