Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Sketch Dump: The Asia Notebook 16: Imagine FX

The first drawing here is bittersweet.  It's Pernille Orum cover from Imagine FX.  I feel bad I didn't buy it, especially since it included a poster of it, but I just couldn't justify paying the price.  Frankly, this is one of my best drawings, and I attribute that to the source material.  Unfortunately, as I look at this a few months later, the head looks a little out of proportion with the body, thus ruining all of my good feelings about it. 



The rest of these sketches are from the issue of Imagine FX that I did buy, which was ironically more expensive.  (But had plenty of content that I was interested in drawing, while the other one just had basically that one painting.)  This image was a succubus, but I changed it to be Red Sonja.  Yeah, maybe I should have put her in the chainmail bikini, but I didn't think of it before I colored it black.
 

This waitress character was really cute and inspiring.  Oddly, the pencil sketch is of a full color painting, and the color sketch is of a black and white sketch.  The pencil sketch turned out nice; I was afraid to ink it.





Lastly, here's a skater girl.  The legs are out of proportion, which is too bad, because the rest of it is nice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment