Thursday, February 2, 2023

Sketch Dump: Ilya 2, Drop 1

Unbelievably, I finished posting pretty much all of the postcards and such I inherited from my mom.  (I still have a few recent greeting cards to post.)  In that time, I finished another sketchbook.  I had gotten a big nice one from Hobby Lobby that was on sale and proceeded to fill it with a bunch of crappy drawings.  


I'm still committed to drawing everyday in some fashion.  It's a real inconvenience at times, and I think I'd be better served only drawing when I have the the time to do a good job.  And then, I'd end up never drawing again. 


When I decided to post these sketches, I initially decided on only posting the "good" ones.  Of course, I figured out immediately this would end with me posting nothing, or at least agonizing over all 125 pages.  Forget it.  Even trying to fix everything would take more eraser than I currently have (and many of these are inked and colored).  I decided to just dump out the whole thing.  The embarrassing stuff is at least a lesson in what not to do and good for a laugh.

  


There's an angry Betty from Adam Hughes' Betty and Veronica run.  That's the Yara Flor, Wonder Girl/Woman below her.  The sketches are of actresses Priscilla Quintana and Banita Sandhu.  They were on the CW show Pandora.  The show had issues, but some appealing characters and a really well-developed setting.  Sorry it only went two seasons.  


These are a pair of Twitch streamers: Julie the Apprentice and Waffles (Maria).  Julie was chess streamer and suddenly quit even though her channel was taking off.  I was sorry to see her go.  She was cute and charming and a real natural.  Lovely Waffles plays a beautiful piano, but seems to have developed physical and mental problems that have kept her from streaming on a regular basis.


Oh, this f-ing drawing.  If it looks labored and forced, that's about right.  I'm sure a good artist could fix the problems with this in like five minutes.  I couldn't do it in several attempts.  Anyway, this was a watercolor of a guy.  I adapted it to feature Twitch streamer goddess, Dizzykitten.  I called it Pimp Dizzy.  It was a nice idea with poor execution.


Here's a couple more of Banita Sandhu.  Too bad, I haven't seen her in anything else.
  

This was from an old magazine illustration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment