Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Sketch Dump: The Pony Book 21

This is final post for this sketchbook and, finally, we reveal why it's called "The Pony Book."  First is another sketch of Pernille Orum's Cowgirl.  It's the same image, but flopped and expanded.  This turned out well, because Pernille's painting is awesome.   


At Zia Comics, they have a lot of statues of comic and anime characters.  I fell in love with this My Little Pony inspired statue they have in a glass case.  This is Applejack.  It wasn't that big, but I had no room for it, also it was over $100.  (It's also been sold since I saw it.)  

I found images of it and other statues in the line and set about sketching them.  I showed a picture of the statue to a co-worker and then my sketch, which I was pleased with.  (The little horse actually took  me longer to draw than the girl.  Really.)  It was just a pencil sketch, because I wasn't confident about inking over it.  She urged me to ink and color it anyway.  She was right.  It turned out okay.


This led me to doing some of the other characters.  This is Princess Celestia.  


This is Rainbow Dash.  I liked doing the shoes.  (The pony, again, was impossible for me.)


Lastly, here's Sunset Shimmer.  (The pony turned out a little better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment