Friday, July 23, 2021

Little House on the Prairie

Mom gave me a full set of Little House on the Prairie books in a nice slipcase one Christmas when I was a kid.  I never actually read them until last year.  I also read her James Herriot All Creatures Great and Small books that she kept recommending.  I really enjoyed all of these books, but extreme guilt was probably the only way I was ever going to get around to reading them.  While I can say these books would appeal to anyone of any age, me as a little kid was not going to read the girly-looking Little House books.  (Actually, I might not let a little kid read the last book, The First Four Years.  It's way too grim.)  The books are exciting in places, but not action books.    


I found these clippings in the slipcase about Laura Ingalls Wilder.  They are from a Springfield, Missouri newspaper.  You can visit her final home near Springfield as it is a museum.  Pa's fiddle is on display there.         








 

No comments:

Post a Comment