Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Trading Cards: Comic Ball and Others

I showed my trading card collection to a co-worker a few weeks ago.  It was in three binders.  One of them is a double-sized one.  He was shocked that I kept saying that I just had a few cards.  It's true compared how many I used to have.  


I have a bunch of baseball cards that I collected in the 70's.  I kept most of those.  In the 90's, I started collecting again when the hobby became fashionable.  Unfortunately, I mostly collected non-sports cards.  These weren't really valuable in the end and I ended up getting rid of most of them.  


These first two pages are Comic Ball cards.  Legendary animator Chuck Jones created these and I loved them.  I collected them in packs.  At some point, I had enough that, after a friend gave me a gift certificate to a card shop, I managed to get the rest of them (including a hologram Elmer Fudd as an umpire, which was I think was the most valuable).  At that point, I suddenly didn't care about them and now owed a few hundred of these cards.  I just kept these because they were my favorites.




This page is random.  I got one pack of the Looney Tunes NFL cards.  They weren't by Chuck Jones, but weren't bad.  There's Spider-Man and Rogue.  I had a whole bunch of superhero cards.  Piles. Especially the X-Men.  These were the only two I kept.  Then I got some Star Trek cards.  Good God!  Why?  Lastly, I have some cards that came with my NASCAR diecasts.  (There's a collection I still have and love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment