Friday, July 30, 2021

Photo Bomb: My High School Home and Bedroom

I'm not sure why I took these pictures at the time, but it's a nice little time capsule.  This picture is a little blurry because it was taken without a flash.  Unfortunately, you can't really see the things that are there.  That's my beloved Tigers hat on the desk.  There's a fedora on the hat rack.  My Peanuts books are on the desk to the left with a Snoopy doll on top.  You can barely see on the middle shelf a boxed Power & Perils RPG game.  If you haven't heard of it, you haven't missed anything.  Next to it are some Starblaze books: Elfquest, Lightrunner, and Myth Adventures.  I no longer have those.  I don't see my Robotech art books there.  Maybe this was before I got them.  There's also some Marvel graphic novels.   

  


This one was taken with a flash.  There's my Ruby (the sci-fi radio drama) poster and my Excalibur promo poster.  Then there's a fashion poster.  For some reason, I took down the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue pictures that you can barely see above.  The top shelf has my paperbacks.  I was a big Larry Niven (sci-fi) fan and Lord of the Rings.  On the middle shelf are my AD&D books and a Paranoia RPG box set.  I don't have those anymore.   


I inherited a big penny collection.  These were kept in a hushpuppy piggy bank.  You can just barely see it on top of the shelf next to the Tumbleweeds painting (which came from a shopping trip to Juarez when I was a little kid).  At some point, carrying around a bunch change seemed silly, so I cashed it in.  I don't remember how much it was.  
  


Here's the lamppost down the street from where I lived.  Here's what it looks like in the snow.  That's a novelty caption I bought at a One-Hour developer.  


Here's a couple of views around the house at sunset.



Lastly, a tree died in our backyard.  Dad built a well around the stump.  It was heavy and cemented in place, but windstorms knocked it over a couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment