Tuesday, April 14, 2020

90's Magazines: Star Dec 14-93


Here it is.  This was the crown jewel of mom's collection.  There was her favorite Country singer, Dwight Yoakam, on the cover of a supermarket tabloid.  He'd hit the big time.  


Honestly, in the article, it was something of a non-scandal.  Dwight and Wynonna dated in secret and it didn't work out.  At most, you could question Dwight's taste in women.  (At least it wasn't as bad as him dating Sharon Stone.  In another interview, he admitted that was a mistake.)



I may not have realized at the time I was watching Beverly Hills 90210 what a big deal Jason Priestly and Luke Perry were.  Poor Luke.  RIP.


I'm still amazed that there were (are?) collectors plates for anything.


I saved this for the end.  Imagine my surprise at finding this in this collection of magazines.  Trump is exactly the same in the 1993 as he is today.  This is priceless.


While Star was taking shots at Trump, just like the media does today, they do basically agree with him in the sidebar about about Daryl Hannah. 


Finally, we end this series with this ad.  Sadly, I didn't get any replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment