Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Mike's Southwest Travels: Dripping Springs 3

Main Index

Dripping Springs Third Trip
September 17, 2005



   

Welcome to Mutual of Mike's Wild Kingdom.  Today, we're going to make some new animal friends.


Meet Mr. Tarantula.  You can just barely see him there in the bushes.


Meet Mr. Squirrel.  You can just barely see him there in the middle of the trees.  There were tons of squirrels out the day I visited, but very camera-shy.


Meet Mr. Bull Snake.  Unlike the other animals, this one wanted to be my friend and posed for a close-up.


Enough fun with the wildlife.  Carrying on with the hike, I discovered a little used trail.  And then I discovered why it was little used.  Welcome to the Fort Bliss Firing Range.



   

Okay, back to the regular trails.  I discovered the remains of the Modoc Mine.  Unfortunately, it mostly consists of a few signs.


 

The mine was a trifle disappointing.  However, I really came up to Dripping Springs this time to see the majestic Filmore Canyon Falls.  Hmm... This is them.  The stain on the rocks there is either the falls themselves, or where a bunch of Squirrels relieved themselves.  Take your pick.





Ah!  Savor the mystery of the Hermit's Cave.  Some old dude lived up here and died.  Some much for the mystery.  On the other hand, I plan on coming back here for my upcoming vacation.  Just let the users try to find me here for their computer customer support.

No comments:

Post a Comment