Monday, April 6, 2020

Country Music Magazines: Country Weekly Apr 11-95 and Nov 8-94


There's George Strait on the cover in the inset.  I didn't see much of him in these 90's Country music magazines.  This was a surprise because I know that women loved him around that time.


Does this article in a Country music magazine settle or inflame the argument whether the Eagles are Country or Rock?  I'm not getting in the middle of that one.  I'll just say they're good.


I remember Crook & Chase.  I just watched it to see Lorianne.  I saw her recently on something.  She's still beautiful and has that killer smile.



There's Randy Travis with his shirt on for a change.  He looks like he's a bad hair day away from having a full Afro.


This article mostly features Ashley Judd for some reason.  Given that she's the non-singing Judd, I'm not sure why.  Okay, other than she was a glamorous Hollywood actress at the time.  I still remember her two adorable guest stints on Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Now, she's a dried up, bitter old hag, but we couldn't have known that she would turn out like that.  There's another inset pic of the effervescent Lorianne Crook.  Also note, mom had boxed the mention of Dwight Yoakam in the text. 


This was a regular feature in the magazine.  Somebody has to teach people those line dancing steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment