Friday, April 21, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Bigs

 These are my larger sized cars.  I just have a few.



Okay, it's not a diecast; it's a model.  This is a Corvette C6R with Le Mans decals.  I bought the kit for dad.  He made it, but threw up his hands at putting on the decals.  In my youth, I was terrible at putting decals on models.  Somehow, I became a near master at it when I decided to do it one night.  I credit using a pair of tweezers.  It turned out great.  Dad was impressed.  I wish had had some display case to put this in, because it's not doing well with age.  I actually busted the wing on it, when I moved it to take this picture.  


1:24 scale Michael Schumacher Ferrari.  I have a story about this one that I'll tell in another post.  It's in good shape, even though I used to display it outside of the box.   


1:24 Jeff Gordon Chevy Monte Carlo Dupont Flames.  This was a Christmas gift.  It's beautiful. 


1:24 Juan Pablo Montoya Dodge Charger Havoline.  Another Christmas gift.  These are in pretty good shape, because I've mostly left them in their display packages.  There's a bit of a manufacturing flaw on this one.  The front tires kind of touch the front fender.      


Obviously not a race car.  It's a Tootsie Toy pickup camper.  It was a gift from my grandparents right before they passed.  I was probably bit too old for it when I got it, but I've loved it.  It's a neat toy car.  It rolls well and I've mostly kept it in good shape, except for a little melted ding on top.  I don't remember how that happened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment