Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Diecast Carshow: General Mills/Richard Petty Fleet

If you're a NASCAR diecast collector, or just a childish adult, what a great pairing General Mills cereal and Richard Petty made in the 2000's.  This collection of cars all came from cereal boxes.  I ate a lot of cereal in the process.  The cars were in little bags, which were placed, not in the cereal, but between the box and the cereal bag.     



Here's all the ones I have.


54 Plymouth Belvedere.  This was part of a set of cars showcasing Richard Petty's career.  


67 Pontiac GTO.  This is an intimidating-looking car.  I wouldn't want this coming up behind at Daytona.  I also don't know why a racecar would need a trunk that big.


67 Pontiac GTO.  A #43 not in Petty Blue seems wrong.


71 Plymouth Superbird.  I don't think it was a particularly successful car, but what a look!  Unfortunately, the diecast styling doesn't work well either and it doesn't roll well. 


74 Dodge Charger.  Here's an iconic car.  This was the one wanted in the set.


84 Pontiac Grand Prix.  Some of those 80's cars were not so pretty.  


2001 Dodge Intrepid.  This is a good-looking car from about when I started watching NASCAR.  I'm not sure how many cars were in this set, but I'm good with what I got.


2008 Cheerios.  These next two came from a different set.  I think mom gave me these from her cereal.  I can't identify the make and model.  I think they're just meant to generically look like a NASCAR. 


2008 Fruity Cheerios.  I don't think they make Fruity Cheerios anymore.  Sounds like an abomination.  


Chex Party Mix.  I think this was actually my first Petty car from a cereal box.  Again, I can't identify the make and model.  It's one of my favorites, probably because it's a little smaller than the others and seems cuter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment