Friday, April 14, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Hendrick Kellogg's Set

 


Kellogg's cereals had an offer for a set of Hendrick NASCAR diecasts in 2006.  It required some box tops and like $5 or so.  I was all over it.  I remember when this little box came.  (Yes, it shipped just like this.  No padding, no plastic bags.  It was only taped shut.)  I had been sick on a Friday and missed work.  On Saturday, I felt a bit better and went outside and got the mail and received this.  I went back to bed and sat up and played with the cars.  I still feel happy every time I see these cars.       



Here they are out of the box.  The next year, they offered a hauler and I declined on it.  I didn't have anywhere to put it.  I still sort of regret not getting it.


#5 Terry Labonte  Tony the Tiger car.


#44 Terry Labonte Kellogg's Corn Flakes car.


#25 Brian Vickers GMAC car.


This is the Nextel Cup promotional car.  Remember that?  Yeah, NASCAR had offers from Coca-Cola and Visa to sponsor the series, but they picked Nextel.  That series sponsorship lasted two years before Sprint bought Nextel.  


#48 Jimmie Johnson Lowe's car.


#24 Jeff Gordon Dupont Flames.  I've got several more Jeff Gordon cars, including another "Flames" one.  I'll do a separate post on those.  

No comments:

Post a Comment