Monday, May 8, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Bobby Labonte and Rusty Wallace Sets

I put some of my Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. cars in a couple of displays.  However, that wasn't what was originally in those displays.  I found a pile of collector set displays on deep discount at Wal-Mart years ago.  I don't remember if there were other drivers, but I liked Bobby Labonte.  I wasn't a Rusty Wallace fan, but I liked the cars, especially the Elvis one.  I had that one earmarked to give to mom at a later date.  
    

 

Here's what the display looks like with the Labonte cars.  He's was driving the Pontiac Grand Prix, which was my favorite NASCAR model.  



Here's his standard Interstate Batteries paint scheme.  It looks good in bright green and bright orange and black.


This one has Beaker from The Muppet Show on it for some reason.


This one I liked a lot.  It's a Coke car with the Polar Bears from the Christmas commercial on it.  I've always wanted a straight up Coca-Cola car, but they never made one while I was watching.  It was always cars promoting the other Coke brands.  



I don't have the standard Rusty Wallace car or his picture from his display.  I met a programmer from out of town at work, who was also a NASCAR fan.  He mentioned his kid was a big fan of Rusty.  The next day, I brought back the car and picture to give to him.  I'm sure he had other Rusty collectibles, but that would be a car suitable to play with.    


I decided to keep this car.  It's a Harley-Davison flames paint scheme.  The "Rusty" on the hood was in place of his beer sponsor, which was not allowed on a kid's toy.


This is the Elvis car.  It's totally cool.  



These are the side panel views.  There are different images on either side.

No comments:

Post a Comment