Thursday, May 18, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Seuss and Friends

 These are the rest of my NASCAR collection.


This is a Michael Waltrip Busch Series car with the Cat in the Hat paint scheme.  It's kinda fun.  


Here's a close up.


Another Michael Waltrip car.  Hey, he was Junior's teammate at the time.  Not to mention, the car looks good and Mikey's NAPA commercials were pretty funny.


This is actually a Hot Wheels car, a 2001 Dodge Intrepid.  I think I remember a bin filled with these and another model with the paint scheme colors reversed.     


I don't think this was an actual racecar, but I've always liked it.  It has rubber wheels, which only a couple other cars I have feature.  The only problem with it is that the white on the hood has somehow changed color.  
 

I like Jamie McMurray as a driver and currently as a commentator.  (I don't know why he isn't calling races.)  I was happy to purchase this good-looking car.  Unfortunately, the extended hood, which makes the model look good, interferes with the diecast rolling well.  



This is a Reed Sorenson Target car.  I've never really engaged in searching for my favorite diecasts.  I was just picking up whatever I found that I liked.  This one is as close I've come to getting a diecast I was looking for.
  

I wasn't a fan of the driver, but I loved the car when I saw it at races.  I could understand Wal-Mart and K-Mart not selling a Target car, but I couldn't understand Target not selling them.  They even sold Target Indy cars, but not the NASCAR.  

One Sunday, I was reading the newspaper at my parents' house and in a Target insert, there was a small ad for a Fuji Film disposable camera that came with a Target car.  Yes!  I ran back home and immediately took off to Target.  

I spent maybe 15 minutes wandering around the right department looking for the cameras.  The area was deserted and there was no one to ask.  Finally, there it was with the car attached.  I didn't care about the price.  I grabbed it and I swear I heard a heavenly chorus.  I may have actually skipped to the register.  Honestly, this silly car was one of the happiest purchases I've ever made.  I gave the camera to my folks, by the way. 


And here's my current last diecast, which I got for Christmas a couple of years ago.  It's my current favorite driver, Chase Elliot.  I really am just a band-wagoner, aren't I?  

I love these cars.  They're irresistible.  I've had to kind of stop buying them for various reasons, but if I ever happen to notice a another good one, I'll probably have to pick it up.  (Might be unlikely.  Moving the door number on the cars for more advertising is not aesthetic.)       

No comments:

Post a Comment