Thursday, May 4, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Juuuunioorrrr!

In spite of what I've written before, I do I like Dale Earnhardt Jr.  That post from 2009 is one of my favorites, by the way.  Given how bad Bristol's attendance has been unto this day, it's not entirely funny anymore.  Anyway, Junior has been a revelation in the NBC broadcast booth since his retirement.  It's too bad he doesn't work for Fox calling their races as well.  At the peak of his popularity, of course, I bought some Jr. diecasts.  Yeah, I liked Jeff Gordon, too.  Their fans may have been rivals, but they didn't didn't directly race each other for any wins as I recall.  There was one race where it was about to happen, but the race got stopped for weather or something.  It was so disappointing.         



Here's all the stuff I have.  I don't have one of those beer jackets, but I did see someone wearing one in Las Vegas a long time ago. 


Here's Junior's 2002 All-Star Game car.  It came with the sticker that's shown on the above display.  It's taped down, but here's a Jr. motion card that I got in a box of Nabisco Wafers.    


This is the other image on the card.  Yes, it says "Dale Jr." on the car's hood.  Beer advertising isn't allowed on kid's toys.  You could buy a 1:64 diecast with the sponsor, but it was permanently attached to a base.  Given the the sponsor's current woes, I'm feeling much better about my diecasts.   


Here's Junior's 2003 All-Star Game paint scheme and hood.


This is a paint scheme promoting the band, Staid.  I don't know anything about them, but the car is cool.


This is probably the only diecast I regret taking out of its package.  It's a car Jr. ran in the Busch Series with his father's #3 on it.  I'm afraid to look up what it might be worth, if anything.  Was it worth it just to play with it?  Admittedly, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment