Thursday, May 25, 2023

2,000-th Post Edition Part 3

Part 2

 

2022

1-7-22 I finally obtain a copy of Starstruck #6.  My life is complete.

 

1-12-22 I start posting the Pony Book sketchbook.  I still suck at drawing.

 

2-15-22 Probably the most shameful incident of the lockdown/masking nonsense with Aggie Sports.  The police were handing out tickets.  This was a Softball post.  I didn’t buy a season pass this year.  The team was not good, so I mostly went to Baseball games in the spring and they weren’t good either.

 

3-10-22 A large James Dean poster and a Pink Panther painting my mom had.

 

5-31-22, 6-1-22, 6-6-22 And then this happened.  Aggie Baseball won the WAC Championship.  I still can’t wrap my head around this.  I watched them lose over and over again in the regular season.  They were terrible.  This set up Ian Mejia’s heroics in the NCAA Tournament.  Even the opposing fans applauded him when he came off the field.

 

8-30-22 It was an inauspicious start to the Football season with a loss and a failed evacuation of the stands for a weather delay.  With the late start and the weather delay, the game lasted to about midnight.  I also missed saying, “Hello,” to Jordan Abalos, one of my favorite Volleyball players. 

 

9-5-22, 9-13-22 Aggie Soccer looked like they were going to have a good season as they beat UTEP here.  This was after playing at College Station against the A&M Aggies in front of 6,000 people.  They lost 2-1, but showed they were legit.  Their next game, they whipped up on Nevada, 4-0.

 

9-21-22 Oh, this stupid two-day soccer match that ended in a draw on a questionable call by the ref.  It was another weather delay game.

 

9-23-22 A straight-set conference loss on their home court?  Unthinkable!  This wasn’t even the low-point of Aggie Volleyball this season.

 

9-27-22 I was talked into seeing Aggie Football the same day as a Volleyball match and was rewarded with seeing their first win of the season.

 

10-3-22 The setter situation with Aggie Volleyball finally comes to a head.  Down two setters (one injured, one quit right before game time), local freshman girl Rilen Garcia helps the team to a win. 

 

10-4-22 And then the wheels came off for Volleyball for the season.  It’s a bad sign when your star player is crying on the bench. 

 

10-5-22 And probably the worst Football game I’ve ever seen and I blame both teams for that.  And then after the game, I found out the Aggies had been two touchdown favorites in the game and lost to a team that had been beaten 73-0 the previous week.

 

10-10-22 A win for Aggie Soccer in their final home game.  They were undefeated at home this season (with a couple of draws). 

 

10-13-22 A fun game for Volleyball against a bad team.  Coach Jordan emptied the bench for the game and we got to see everyone in action. 

 

10-17-22 I wasn’t there for it, but the Aggie/Lobo Football game turned out to be pivotal for the team’s later success and, strangely, the future downfall of the Aggie Men’s Basketball team.

 

11-2-22 Dad took a trip around New Mexico and here are the pictures.


11-8-22 Aggie Soccer wins their first conference championship!

 

11-21-22 It wasn’t easy, but Aggie Women’s Basketball finally beat the UNM Lobos.  What a game!  At the end of the game recap there’s a note about the Men’s Basketball game being cancelled over a shooting. 

 

12-29-22, 12-30-22 Aggie Football gets one of their best wins ever over a team that had been in the Top 25 earlier in the season.  Listening to the game on the radio, this may have been one of my happiest moments with Aggie Football.  After an 0-4 start, Aggie Football was somehow playing in a bowl game and won.  It was the best surprise of the Aggie Sports this year.

 

2023


1-16-23 I begin posting the infamous “Baby” series of material my mom collected while she was pregnant.

 

1-26-23, 1-30-23 Ah, the WOTC/OGL scandal finally gets me to post about RPG’s again.

 

1-27-23 Aggie Football held a Downtown rally.

 

 2-2-23 I start posting from another sketchbook called Ilya 2.  Same crappy drawings, though.

 

2-16-23 Aggie Men’s Basketball cancels their season.  There’d been a shooting involving a player.  (Curiously Alabama had this same problem, though it didn’t affect their season and they were a #1 seed at the NCCA Tournament.)  Then there was a player hazing scandal that finally came out and shut everything down.  The team was also terrible, so it was just as well. 

 

2-22-23 This was a bad sign.  Aggie Baseball was swept by a school I’d never heard that was transitioning to D1.  If they’d been swept by a team transitioning genders, they would have cancelled the season.

 

2-28-23, 3-6-23 Two great games at the Troy Cox Softball Classic.

 

3-7-23 My Softball season highlight, meeting Volleyball player, Ryleigh Whitekettle.

 

4-12-23 I finally post my Diecast collection.  I’d meant to do this for years. 

 

4-24-23 A fun morning with Aggie Volleyball at an exhibition tournament.

 

4-27-23 Ron and I took in an Aggie Baseball game with 500 kids.

 

5-24-23 It’s the state of Aggie Sports post.  It’s unusually spicy. 

 

I’m close to finishing another sketchbook, but apart from that I have no more collections that I intend on posting.  I’m going to lapse on daily posting for the foreseeable future.  I still intend on making more sports posts, such as for Memorial Day. 

 

I haven’t quite figured out what my commitment to Aggie Sports will be next season.  I’ll go to games, but I might not be getting a Season Pass.  Going to games alone and writing a bunch of recaps afterward is more of a grind than I want.  I’d like to have time to write some fiction, and I’m sort of wanting to see if I can follow some Internet lessons and learn how to actually draw.  These are two things I haven’t been able to do with my daily posting and daily drawing. 

 

This isn’t a stopping point, but a point where I’m reconsidering my priorities.   

No comments:

Post a Comment