Monday, May 22, 2023

2,000-th Post Edition Part 2

Part 1

 

2020


2-4-20 My mom died in December 2019.  I ended up inheriting a lot material from that.  This would be the first of the collections I’d be posting: Our Great Heritage books.

 

2-26-20 I went to an El Paso Rhinos hockey game and really enjoyed it.  I also got really sick afterward, though I didn’t mention it in the post. 

 

3-16-20 Yeah, then this happened.  Everything got cancelled: NCAA Tournament, Aggie Softball, and Aggie Baseball.  I’m sure this will all be over soon and everyone will be so glad that all these precautions were taken.  I was making fun of this at the time.  My opinion hasn’t changed a bit.

 

3-18-20 I even wrote up a two-part MLB Season preview for a season that wouldn’t begin for months.

 

3-20-20 I began posting my mom’s Country Music magazine collection.  Since I was in banking and we were “essential,” I had to show up for work every day during the lockdown.  I guess this was where I started doing daily posting.

 

4-15-20 I started posting my friend Mike’s caving expeditions.

 

5-27-20 I posted a bunch of interesting artifacts around this time, such as this is a cute little Easter book.

 

5-26-20 My usual yearly Memorial Day post.  This time there was only event to report on.  Thank you, NASCAR.

 

6-1-20 I went to a local used bookstore the day before the lockdown and finally posted about what I got there.  The art book I got ended up starting my other daily obsession: drawing every day. 

 

6-3-20 I started posting greeting cards that my mom had saved in a bunch of scrapbooks.  I couldn’t keep all of them, so I settled on this as a way of preserving them.

 

7-10-20 My favorite Card post.

 

7-23-20, 7-24-20 How about some grade school art?

 

7-28-20 MLB started their season.  I had a few choice words about it.

 

8-04-20 This was a pretty cool inheritance, a 1960 USS Ranger yearbook.  I ended up giving it away to a lady at work whose father served on the ship.

 

8-27-20 One of my better sketch pages.  Unfortunately, a whole bunch of bad ones follow.  I peaked way too early.

 

9-24-20 Space Squid.  My finest artwork.

 

9-25-20 Some fan strips I did.  I managed to stuff in some Evangelion jokes.  I’m not saying these are my best sketches; they’re just the most entertaining.

 

12-15-20 I did a series of posts featuring my old photographs.     

 

 

 

2021

 

1-5-21 Here’s where I started posting my mom’s Elvis collection.  Regrettably, I wasn’t able to sell it to an Elvis fan.  Dad still has it.  I don’t know what will happen to it.  This continues into July.

 

2-11-21  My favorite memory of 2020.  It’s nothing, but it was pleasant.

 

3-21-21 I finally return to a live sport event . . . wearing a mask . . . outdoors. 

 

5-11-21 My first and only (ever) account of a high school baseball game.  At least it’s funny now.  I spent the first quarter of the post talking about pro wrestling.

 

7-30-21, 8-2-21  Pics of my bedroom from when I was in high school and pics of a trip to see a friend.

 

8-9-21 I start posting the PO Sketchbook, inspired by Pernille Orum.

 

9-7-21, 9-8-21 I didn’t recognize it at the time, but I think here was the downfall of Aggie Volleyball.  The brand new court at the Pan-Am Center was ruined right before the start of the season.  But right afterward, I got the best souvenir ever at a game.

 

9-28-21 I start posting the Asia Notebook, inspired by Asia Ladowska.

 

10-27-21 Posts of some Toy Soldiers from my childhood.

 

11-23-21 I missed out on going to the WAC Volleyball tournament because I was in quarantine.  (I wasn’t sick.)  Just as well, the Aggies were dismissed early.

 

11-24-21 One of my better NASCAR posts ranting about the Chase.

 

11-30-21 Aggie Football wins their second game in their last game of the season.  I was there mostly because they were offering free Basketball tickets.  There was a little heartwarming story at the end of this.

 

12-16-21  I start posting mom’s Postcard collection.  This takes a while.  It finishes in December 2022.


Part 3  

No comments:

Post a Comment