Friday, May 19, 2023

2,000-th Post Edition Part 1

 


This is about as good as place as any to post this St. Jude Thank You card.

It’s a blog anniversary, except I’m actually over 2,300 posts.  I blew past that nice round milestone a while back.  I noticed it, but wasn’t in a position to stop and smell the roses like I did for the 1,000-th Post in 2017.  (There was also my “final” RPG post review in 2016.)  I thought here I’d briefly (or not so briefly) go over what I’ve posted for the last six or so years since the 1,000-th post.


2017

11-13-17 I was doing a lot of nearly daily baseball and Aggie Sports posts.  I was running myself ragged.  I even did a recap of my recaps.

 

12-4-17 Probably the best Aggie Women’s Basketball game . . . ever.  In sum, Lobos 101, Aggies 93.  Yes, even in a loss, it was great.

 

12-5-17 This was Aggie Football’s fabled game against South Alabama at the end of their season.  The Aggies were playing to get in a bowl game, which was a big deal if you haven’t been for 57 years.  I was there and it was epic.  (This was also the same day as that Basketball game.)

 

12-26-17 How the X-Men will enter the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  Still waiting to see how this turns out.

 

12-27-17 My review of The Last Jedi.  I wasn’t kind. 


2018

1-3-18 Here it was: the Aggie Football bowl game that broke the 57-year curse.  I wasn’t there, but I watched the win and it was suitably epic again.

 

2-1-18 RIP Chief Wahoo.  I did predict the name change, just not how bad it would be.

 

2-12-18 and 2-13-18 Two of the biggest wins I’ve ever seen for Aggie Softball.  It was a double header sweep of SEC Kentucky.  And there was a big Men’s Basketball win the same night.

 

2-27-18 Aggie Baseball wins 39-0.  Not a misprint. 

 

4-12-18 Here I did a post on some high-end Toy Soldiers I got from an estate sale.

 

5-29-18 Aggie Softball wins the WAC Tournament.  I was there for every game.

 

6-6-18 Aggie Baseball wins WAC Tournament.  It was a gut wrenching experience to listen to over the radio.

 

7-19-18, 7-20-18 These are posts featuring some Old School Star Wars kid’s books.

 

9-18-18 This is it!  Aggie Volleyball beat Arizona!  The best win for the team I’ve ever seen.

 

12-3-18 Aggie Volleyball wins the WAC Tournament.  Boy was I spoiled in 2018.

 

12-24-18, 1-23-19 A poem about Robotech and a post about my Alpha Fighter model.  It was a little foreshadowing for my Robomeck RPG.

 

 

2019

1-22-19 I don’t even remember the controversy, but I was really mad at the NFL.

 

3-18-19 Aggie Women’s Basketball wins the WAC Tournament.  The Aggies won it with an overtime semi-final win and a double OT championship game win.  It was absolutely exhausting to listen to over the radio.  I can’t imagine what it was like playing in it.  Brooke Salas and Gia Pack were epic.

 

3-19-19 And then the Men win the WAC Basketball Tournament.

 

6-6-16 I started posting my Robomeck RPG three years after quitting RPG’s.  Jury is still out on whether I should have stayed quit, but I really enjoyed writing the commentary text.  I don’t give a damn if it’s not canonical. 

    

12-9-19 Aggie Volleyball goes undefeated in conference play and wins the WAC Tournament.  Lowly Chicago State almost broke the streak. 

 

2019 seems a little thin.  I think it was because of how much time I spent writing Robomeck

 

Part 2.   

No comments:

Post a Comment