Friday, May 5, 2023

Diecast Carshow: It's the Great Pumpkin, Tony Stewart!

These are my two favorite diecasts.  They are directly blamable for the rest of the collection.  I'd noticed NASCAR diecasts at stores for a couple years after becoming a fan.  I really wanted some, but they were more than I wanted to pay and I didn't need any little cars in my life.  Then I saw these two and had to have them and then my wallet opened for the rest of the collection.  


I'm a big Peanuts fan and I'm sure any Peanuts fan would love these.  I did resist buying the Looney Tunes and DC Superheroes cars that I saw and I'm okay with that, but I'm sorry NASCAR doesn't do fun paint schemes like this anymore.

       


These cars were driven by Tony Stewart for a couple of Halloween races with the It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown paint schemes.


Here's the black one that came with a sticker.



These two cars have different designs on either side of the car.  That's fairly unique for a NASCAR paint scheme.  



Here's the orange one with a hood.





I kind of wish I had these in the larger scale.  These are just beautiful.  The car model is the Pontiac Grand Prix, which was my favorite of the cars of that era.  

No comments:

Post a Comment