Monday, May 15, 2023

Diecast Carshow: Hot Wheels

Here's a a few random Hot Wheels.  I used to have more and some Matchbox cars.  The Matchbox cars were usually more detailed and rolled better, but they never lasted.  The Hot Wheels are diecast tanks.


A couple of Hot Wheels I wish I still had were a pair of stock cars that came with a sort of Daytona-like track set.  I don't have them, because they did actually come apart, in contradiction of what I said above.  I think they had plastic bottoms, unlike most of these.  Still, they were 70's NASCAR-ish diecasts, which would be kind of cool to have.  



Group shot.


This 70's Corvette is relatively new.  I think it was in cereal box that my parents handed off to me.  Dad still has a couple of Hot Wheels cars at his apartment.  A couple of giveaways and, I think, a gift car from me.  


This one I think found by the dumpster (not in, but near).  I went ahead and took it in.  There's a switch on the bottom that used to light up the interior and the translucent blue wheels.  


This is a Datsun Z called Z Whiz.  This was a birthday gift from a friend when I was kid.  I always liked it.  It's also indestructible.  I played with it like heck.    


Here's a classic, Science Friction from 1977.  We can perhaps thank Star Wars for the existence of this vehicle.  Needless to say, I loved this car.  Again, it's one tough Hot Wheels car.     


It's seen better days, but it earned all those scuffs and scratches.  In particular, it's missing the little radar dish on top of the engine and the window should be silver.


This is not a Hot Wheels car, but I didn't know where else to put this.  Isn't it beautiful?  It's a Toyota Supera and it's a drifting car.  That's still a thing.  Somebody was doing it in the parking lot of my workplace last month with a camera crew.  

The car is a little bigger than 1:64 scale, but still fits in a standard display.  It's also not really a toy.  It's for display, since it doesn't roll well.  When I bought it, the passenger seat was dislodged.  I had to glue it down.  The wing is as fragile as it looks and I've accidentally knocked it off.  However, it looks good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment