Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Photo Bomb: Hanging with Wally Part 2

Part 1



Next, Wally wanted to show me Mayfield, his high school.  (Yes, that is an amazingly 80's wardrobe look.)  We were confronted by a security guard as we wandered around the campus.  Without skipping a beat, Wally told him we were there to see the janitor about something he left in his locker.  No problem.  Wally mostly lived in a bubble where reality conformed to his will.


He ended the trip with a crank call from a pay phone.  I feel like I probably need to explain the concept of a pay phone to younger readers, but I won't.


Wally then took me by to visit his friend, Irene.  He really just wanted to show me this hot chick.  The bear she's holding was a gift from her boyfriend in Special Forces.  Needless to say hands-off.  


I didn't get the memo, obviously.  Actually, Wally told us to get into that pose.  By the way, the sunglasses and shirt were Wally's.  The shirt was from a nightclub in town called Popcorns.  I forgot how he got it.  He was too young to have worked there.
  

Later, Wally told me some stories about going to Mazatecan for his senior trip.  He had this picture of Irene from the trip that I traded him for.  (I don't remember what I traded.)  


I have a cassette tape of the stories Wally told.  He told me he didn't drink on the vacation, but "took care of" his friends who did plenty of extra drinking to make up for him.  Wally would talk to the cabbies in Spanish, overcharge his friends for the fare, tip the cabbie, and then treat everybody to breakfast the next day.  After a couple of days of this, he was lending his friends back their own money.


One of the guys on the trip got an economy-sized box full of condoms.  He wasn't sure if it was from his mother, as the note inside said, or from his girlfriend, who apparently doesn't have trust issues.  The guy handed out a share to all of his friends.  Later in the week, Wally had a girl in his room and was getting serious.  Suddenly, there's banging on the door.  It was one the guys.  He'd used up all of his condoms and wanted one.  "Sure.  $3."  "What?  I'm not paying $3 for a rubber!"  "Be that way.  $5."  "Okay, okay.  I'll pay."  Wally then used the money to buy Irene something in the giftshop the next day.  He didn't use any of his money for the trip.     



We were driving through a neighborhood.  Wally saw a cute girl and stopped the car to talk to her.  I think she turned out to be a bit young for him.


We went to see another girl that was friends with him.  


She's not that bad, in spite of the overly 80's look, but after Irene, I wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment