Monday, August 9, 2021

Sketch Dump: The PO Notebook 1: Mostly comic characters


I'm calling this notebook, the PO Notebook, because I did a bunch of sketches out of Pernille Orum's artbook.  This was recommended to me by an associate at Barnes & Noble while I was looking for something else.  There's art and tutorials in the book.  I wasn't sure about the purchase at first, but I found a lot inside that I liked drawing.    


For this post, there's just one little PO pencil sketch, but there'll be more.  (It's tyranny of alphabetical order in the folder where these sketches are.)  Starting with this new sketchbook, I inked and colored most of the drawings.  Sometimes, it worked.  Sometimes, I just ruined a nice pencil sketch.  These are also not scans.  I took pictures of the sketchbook, which was a lot quicker process.  I admit the quality isn't quite as good, but this isn't exactly fine art that must be preserved for the ages.

  


Princess Aura from the 80's Flash Gordon cartoon.  The second attempt on the right turned out better.



That's Black Canary from a Birds of Prey comic.  On the left is a villain from a Legion of Superheroes comic.  



That's another Black Canary at the top.  The other two are from a Sabrina trade that I reviewed.



That's a terrible Black Widow on the left.  Roxy from Gen 13 at the top and a PO sketch on the bottom.



There's Ms. Marvel.  It's from an Avengers comic drawn by Frank Cho.  Gee, Captain Marvel used to be hot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment